Sunday, February 14, 2010

Not Bitter...but aware

The other day someone asked me "Does Valentines day depress you?" The day before this questions arose, I was driving and saw a car that looked just like one that an old suitor of mine drove, and picked me up in. When I saw this car, I instantly started crying (this is not fun for me to admit). When I came to my senses, I realized I was not crying because I missed this person particularly, because I am well aware that he is not "the one" for me. However, I miss things like being picked up, getting a phone call daily, being cared for, having someone plan a fun valentines date...even if it's as simple as cooking dinner.
I explained to this person that Valentines day does not bother me, but knowing what it's like to have it be special...and now having that be gone is hard. I'm not one of those single bitter people who mope around about this day, but I am aware of what it could be: a fun day with someone special.
Not to mention... when this someone tells me on eight separate occasions that they aren't sad on valentines day, the truth is most likely that they are, otherwise they wouldn't bring it up so much.
Well, I hope you all had a great day today, mine was splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment