Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Time is...

Honestly, what to say...time is tickin' away. So, that made me think of a dctalk song, which is funny. Obviously it goes deeper than that. Time is something that is overwhelming my thoughts these days, possibly because its slipping away. One problem with time is the well intended use of it that gets destroyed by our decisions that are made under the impulse of selfish desires.
There are things pulling us in different directions...some good and others not so good. As a Christian, I desire that what I do would honor God and as a human, I make decisions that glorify my sinful nature.
This is what Paul is talking about in Romans chapter seven. "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing." (vs. 18-19)
So we struggle to do the right things with the time that we have been given.
The thing that bugs me most about it is when the struggle seems easy one day and hard the next.
What is it that keeps us bogged down if we are "no longer slaves to sin" (romans 6:6)?

It's a mystery to me...which is probably best, as it keeps me relying on the grace of God to keep me. To keep me saved, to keep me close to Him, and to keep me on the path to what He has for me daily.

"Time is tickin' away, tick tick tickin' away
Time is tickin' away, tick tick tickin' away
Right now is the time that we gotta get with it
The gift that He's given ain't just an exhibit
But a tool that He's given us to use for His sake
And just as He's given He can surely take
The signs of the times are dropping like flies
The cries of the people around us imply
They're lookin' for an answer that we already know
But time is definitely on the go
All the money in the world
Can never stop the hands of time
And a wasted day in your life
Is more than a crime"

Time Is by DC Talk

On a side note, when I was in sixth grade, this was my favorite song to rollerskate to!

No comments:

Post a Comment